- eating foods that facilitate protection (from the inside out),
- seeking out shade when necessary,
- wearing protective clothing, and
- using sun screen sparingly.
What kind of sunscreen should I use?
What’s the deal with SPF?
Where can I get more information on how to protect my skin from sun damage?
Sun Protection Myths
- Enrich your summer food & drink intake with recommended (sun protective) foods.
- Get to know your body (fair skin with light hair and eyes tends to burn faster than darker skin with dark eyes & hair).
- Take special sun protective supplements during the summer months to decrease your tendency to burn.
Dr. Iankowitz is an ANCC board certified advanced practice nurse, in private practice as founder and Director of Holistic and Integrative Healing LLC. Dr. Iankowitz is the editor and author of several articles and books, and founder of Universe’Secretary.