It’s Monday morning and you are Not Feeling It. Wednesday afternoon and you’re not sure how you’re going to get everything done this week. You just got home from work and you’d rather make a comfy nest on the couch than go to the gym and work out your feelings. I understand. The days are tough sometimes and it’d be much easier to hide away than to get up and face the world.
However, the world needs you. We need you. You have a set of qualities and talents unlike anyone else’s and you have something important to contribute. It’s a waste for you to sit home and do nothing and you know it. So I made you a playlist to rally. Good music can get you ready for anything, so turn this on to tackle your to-do list. Play it on the way to work and blast it while you’re on the treadmill. You can do this and we all know it. Get it, girl.
A (mildly cheesy, totally motivating) Playlist to Face the World and Get Shit Done:
1) Wildewoman by Lucius: This song is the best to turn up and dance to in your living room. Your hair may never be in place, but you’ll only be bound by the things you choose.
2) Girl on Fire (Inferno Version) by Alicia Keys & Nicki Minaj: Inferno version because Nicki always has something good to say, and Girl on Fire because they can try, but they’ll never forget your name. This girl is on fire (I’m talking about you).
3) Stronger by Kanye West: Say what you will about Kanye, but the man knows how to believe in himself. What doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger.
4) So What by Pink: Maybe you’re going through some shit. You just broke up with your partner, you lost your job, whatever. You still have your rock moves and you don’t need them. You’re gonna show them.
5) Roar by Katy Perry: Sometimes we forget that we have a choice. You let yourself be held down, but now you’re getting up again. Make them hear you roar.
6) Brave by Sara Bareilles: Everybody’s gone through this and been held down by fear, but you don’t need to be anymore. I get it, but it’s time you don’t let yourself be held back anymore. I want to see you be brave.
7) Monster by Kanye West & co: The whole song is just what you need in the middle of a work out when you’re ready to collapse, but I put this on here mostly for Nicki’s verse. They can be the king, but watch the queen conquer. (The queen is you, in case you haven’t gotten that by now).
8) Till I Collapse by Eminem: Eminem is a lyrical genius and this song should be everyone’s life motto. The whole entire intro could have been the intro to this article, so we’ll just leave it right here: Cause sometimes you just feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.
9) Feeling Myself by Nicki Minaj & Beyonce: These two are also the poster kids for believing in themselves. I mean, they wrote a whole song about feeling themselves. Take notes.
10) Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce: This song gets a little repetitive, but Bey knows they’ll do anything for her. Make them do it for you too. Run the world.
11) White Flag by Joseph: A whole song about facing what scares you and moving forward. No white flags waving here; it’s time to burn that shit.
12) Fight Song by Rachel Platten: Okay, I’m a little embarrassed to have this song on a playlist. I’m embarrassed to even play it, for how on the nose it is. It starts out slow and it feels whiny to me, but I’ll admit that it’s perfect for when you have a lot of feelings and you’re about to crumple up in a ball and cry. This can be your fight song if you need it.
13) Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine: “Dog days” refer to a period of inactivity or sluggishness. You let yourself be inactive because you were scared or you were lazy or whatever. That’s done now. Happiness has hit you and the dog days are over. Dance it out.
So you can start slaying the day asap, we added the playlist to our Spotify (which you can follow here). Click below to listen: