Sheet masks are everywhere! They have been popular in South Korea for a long time, but they became a hit in the U.S. within the last couple of years. Beauties like Demi Moore, Bar Refaeli, and Chrissy Teigen use them. What’s so great about sheet masks?
Well, they are less messy than regular face masks. Sheet masks are more like serums. The sheet itself is very light and then soaked in the substance. The sheet is also pre cut to the angles of your face, so all you have to do is stick it on. And it can stay in contact with your skin for longer, it is easier to absorb. Since they are so clean, they are also quite portable. It is easy to slip one into your carry on bag for a flight. Flying can really dry out your skin, so you can use the mask to rehydrate.
They are also a nice way to treat yourself. The mask can slip if you are walking around, so it is best to lie down for 10-20 mins. You can get spa treatment right in the comfort of your own home. Watch some Netflix or read a book and relax. Taking this little pause in your day can help you look and feel better.
They sound pretty awesome, right? Before you try sheet masks, keep these things in mind:
- They will not replace your skin care routine.
- It does not replace exfoliating either.
- They will probably not solve oily skin problems – they are best used for hydration.
- Not all masks are the same. There are different masks made for different skin types, find the one that it right for you. If you are fighting dry skin, then check the ingredients for hyaluronic acid.
- If you are prone to breakouts, test it out on a patch of skin and see how it reacts before putting the entire mask on.